Shangri La Hotels | Land of Shangri-la
Ferris Wheel Press proudly partners with Shangri-La Hotels Canada to bring to life an unforgettable stationery collection that features a special edition Echoes of Eaton 14k gold nibbed Brush Fountain Pen, a custom designed hardover A5 Sketchbook, as well as a stunning sparkling fountain pen ink that captures the spirit of Shangri-La properties around the globe.
Originally inspired by James Hilton’s 1933 novel, Lost Horizon, we draw from the details of Shangri-La properties in both Vancouver and Toronto. Known for their distinct modern-Chinoiserie style and 5 star hospitality, we capture the essence of their properties by bringing to life the mythical paradise that inspired their identity, as well as the iconic landmarks that characterize these two Canadian cities where Shangri-La reside.
Ink Tone: Ashy Brown, Champagne shimmer
Characteristics: Earthy, natural, grounding
• 38ml ink reservoir
• Rich and saturated tones
• Champagne shimmer
• Water-based and compatible with all fountain pens
• Signature brass cap
Once Upon a Design
Peer through an intricately carved wooden screen into the dreamy landscape of the fabled Shangri-La, inspired by the 1933 novel, Lost Horizon by James Hilton. Discover snow-capped Rocky Mountains that sit nestled amongst cherry blossoms and magnolias in full bloom. Blue jays and Anna’s hummingbirds flutter through the branches, from flower to flower. Magnificent orcas swim through misty clouds, and the cresting waves of the English Bay, with a view of the fabled Shangri-La in the distance.
Notable design details:
- Flanked by two Foo dogs inspired by the Food dog statues located at Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver.
- Cherry blossoms, Magnolia, Trilliums, and Pacific Dogwood weave through wooden screens inspired by the decor of the Shangri-La hotel. The flowers represent Ontario and British Columbia, with the provincial flowers and two of the most popular flowering trees!
- The official city birds of Toronto and Vancouver, Blue Jay and Anna’s Hummingbird flutter from branch-to-branch across the box.
- Iconic buildings from Vancouver and Toronto create the dreamy landscape of Shangri-La; the CN Tower, Toronto City Hall, Science World, Prince’s Gate, Lions Gate Bridge, Harbour Centre and respective Shangri-La Hotels.